Because no two people are the same, I tailor my therapy to the needs and goals of each individual client. Together we will identify your goals as we begin working together. Typically I may use a combination of depth therapy to get to the core of the issue and EMDR to clear out old traumas or negative core beliefs. I may use coaching and a Solution-Focused approach to help you design a practical path to achieving goals.
My practice specializes in treating trauma and its symptoms (depression, anxiety, anger, insomnia, loss of personal power and meaning, conflicted relationships, and negative core beliefs); and in partnering with the client to rebuild a life of meaning and fulfillment. I will create an environment of safety to support you in this very important work, and provide you with tools that you can use on your own to support the work we do together during sessions.
Areas of Expertise:
- Trauma – unresolved childhood trauma, recent traumatic events
- Depression – gain insight into the roots of your depression and develop tools to manage it
- Anxiety – including panic and OCD
- Mindfulness – how to develop mindfulness and apply it to your daily life
- Self-esteem – develop tools to improve self-esteem
- Spirituality – learn to incorporate spirituality into your way of doing relationships and career
- Right Livelihood/Career – develop a path to right livelihood, rather than settling for a job
- Relationships – exploring whether to stay in a relationship, improving your way of being in relationship
- Communication – learning to use communication to improve relationships or career
- Life Transitions – making the transition from college to career, midlife transition, or the transition to becoming an elder
- Grief – support in moving through the stages of grief, and/or exploring unresolved grief from the past
All Things Change when we do.
– Kukei, Zen Master